Committed To Good (CTG) needs VAC-7041 Convoy Leader
Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VAC-7041 Convoy Leader
Vacancy ID: VAC-7041
Location: Different locations in Nigeria
Start Date: 10th April, 2022
Overview of position
- Required to transport cargo in the form of both food & non food items in accordance to the procedures & normative guidelines, as establish by our client.
Under the direct supervision of the Traffic Officer the incumbent shall perform the following duties::
- Perform identical duties as driver, as indicated below, but with the additional responsibilities of:
- Carry responsibility for convoy and drivers and provide leadership and guidance to those vehicles under the convoy.
- Responsible for telecommunications and usage of HF & VHF radio & Thuraya communications to inform Traffic Officer of progress and position on an hourly basis.
- Ensure that all drivers carry out their tasks and responsibilities in accordance to their job descriptions.
- Responsible for all security issues that may arise and always decide safest option for convoy and use careful judgement to ensure safe passage.
- In the event of breakdown or recovery, decide upon best course of action to recover vehicle in the safest and quickest manner without potential damage being caused by in this exercise.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for off-loading cargo where applicable.
- Perform a daily inspection of the vehicle and ensure that it is mechanically sound and to report any problems or defects to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that the vehicle under direct responsibility is thoroughly cleaned and maintained in a good mechanical condition.
- Ensure that the Vehicle logbook is duly completed on a daily and timely basis free from errors to maintain good records.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled on time and make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by our client.
- Responsible to ensure that the cargo loaded at Origin is safely transported to the Destination free from contamination, losses or damage, and held accountable for the same, will witness loading together with tally clerk and ensure signing and endorsing of Way bill at destination.
- Held responsible and accountable for vehicle and any tools or equipment given to the driver (and signed for) and ensure that it remains in good condition.
- Ensure that the vehicle is loaded (metric tones) in accordance to the established Payload of the vehicle and under no circumstances to exceed this limit. Cargo must be loaded uniformly and equally distributed for safety reasons.
- Drive always in a safe and responsible manner with due respect and attention for other vehicles, property
- Whilst the vehicle is in the workshop the driver shall assist in repairs & maintenance activities as required.
- Any accident that may occur must be immediately reported to supervisor and or other parties concerned.
- Driver will only travel to authorized destination and only load authorized cargo, under no circumstance shall deviate from this unless authorized by immediate supervisor.
- Will perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor.
- This role works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Traffic Officer.
- Certificate in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Geographical experience – Minimum of 2 year/s of experience in Africa (essential).
- Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Logistics experience (essential).
- Must have had at least 2 years minimum experience preferably 5 years gained in the relevant driver license category.
- Holder of a valid, clean driving license in accordance to the vehicle category assigned to drive in accordance to National Regulations.
- Sector experience – Minimum of 2 year/s of demonstrable relevant Transport experience (desirable).
- Languages – Fluent in English (essential).
- Ensure that established route turn-around-times (expressed in Days / hours) and distances (expressed in kilometers) are within parameters set as well as respecting the established standard night out allowances, notwithstanding abnormal circumstances, such as security.
- Fuel consumption figures maintained within parameters set.
- Vehicle maintained in good mechanical condition, limited tyre wear free from any breakages in accordance to standards set by the Organization.
- Cargo loaded, securely and safely, transported from Origin to destination in a secure dry environment and duly received in a good sound condition at the receiving location.
- Complete all Vehicle administrative documents (Vehicle Log books, Way Bills..) accurately and correctly and in turn, hand them over to Traffic Officer on a timely basis.
- Required to report on time for duty as per establish established working hours and sign the time sheet prepared for this purpose.
- Ensure that both loading / un-loading times are kept to a minimum acceptable level and to report any abnormal waiting times.
- The Convoy Leader will liaise & co-operate with all other client’s employees & cooperating partners & will have Driver(s) reporting directly to him/her.
- Loss or damage of cargo, spares, tools or equipment as well as loss of fuel in the care of the employee shall be deducted from the salary based on CIF value or local market rate, whichever is prevailing.
- Based on a quarterly performance evaluation, the salary payment grade shall be adjusted accordingly for the new quarter.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online