Hotel Driver at Grand Pela Hotel and Suites
Grand Pela Hotels & Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Driver
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a driver in the hotel, your primary responsibility is to transport the hotel’s guests upon arrival, departure and any other driving-related duties and responsibility
- Additionally, you should also assist other departments for their transportation requirements eg. driver around the hotel’s sales team to attend sales calls.
- Also responsible for the up keeping of the vehicle at all times and also provide excellent service to the guests as per the hotel’s standard service procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to meet all the comfort requirements of the hotel guests and customer.
- Able to drive in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible to assist the guests in any travel or destination regarding issues by applying his/ her knowledge of the local area.
- Able to keep a record of all the incidents while driving, for example, any accidents or tickets.
- Able to ensure safe and easy travel for the customers/ guests to their destinations or to the hotel.
- Able to file the record of the timings for which the vehicle was used and the purpose to his/ her superior.
- Able to comply with all the traffic/ road rules and regulation of the state while also following the policies of the hotel authorities.
- Responsible to ensure the safety of the guests while travelling.
- Responsible to ensure the security of guest belonging while travelling.
- Ensure that the guests are wearing seat belts.
- Able to welcome the guest with a placard at the airport.
- Maintain good coordination with the hotel’s airport representative.
- Able to maintain a positive conversation with the guests.
- Should follow all designated SOP’s for any vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
- Assist the guests with the luggage as and when required.
- Transport guest luggage to and from designated bell desk or lobby area.
- Provide the complimentary water and cold towels (as per hotels standard operating policy SOP) once the guest is seated comfortably in the car.
- Maintain proper records of the trip starting and ending kilometres or miles.
- The guest signature must be taken if the room bill is to be posted on to the folio.
- If the guest is paying the taxi fare by cash then the exact tender or change must be returned back to the guest.
- If the guest is paying by credit or debit card then he/she should be able to handle the mobile EDC (Electronic Data capture machine) and swipe the accurate charges on the machine.
- Follow the standard route and reporting time schedule at all times.
- Forward or report all guest complaints, problems or incidents to the manager on duty or travel desk manager.
- Perform any trips and drives with the hotel car/bus as requested.
- Responsible to park the car at designated parking areas and also follow the parking policy.
- Obey all traffic and driving regulations like speed limit etc at all times.
- Keep the vehicle spotless in both exterior and interior appearance.
- In charge of the maintenance of his vehicles service dues, cleaning, up keeping and running condition.
- He/she is responsible to report to the superiors regarding all incidents.
- Assist with hotels administrative departments with transportation requirements like sales calls etc.
- Always maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Have a good knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and services.
- Able to provide information on hotels amenities, activities, restaurants and any places of interest near the hotel.
- Able to provide details on hotels room features like wifi, minibar, tea coffee maker and other amenities if asked by the guest.
- Responsible to maintain either hotel’s vehicle or the vehicle of third party service providers.
- Keep the assigned car or vehicle clean and ensuring that it is mechanically sound.
- The vehicle must be spotless in appearance and ready to go for a drive without issue at all times.
- Inspect vehicle using the car / limousine checklist and rectify any issues found during the checking.
- Ensure effective handover from the earlier shift and sign on the log book.
- Preferably non-smoker due to the close proximity with the guest, use mouth freshness to avoid bad odours.
- Maintain high grooming and personal hygiene standards.
- Always wear a proper uniform with name tag nicely polished (if required).
- Practices accident prevention measures.
- Maintains good personal safety and grooming standards.
- Maintain the parking spaces and key cabinet and ensure cleanliness is to the maximum.
- Treat all clients and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- High School or similar educational qualification.
- 2-3 years prior hotel experience required in a similar role.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Valid driver’s license with the excellent driving record.
- No black points on license.
- The ideal candidate will be a well presented, young minded individual with an outgoing and friendly attitude.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.