Deputy Head of Department Finance is needed at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Head of Department Finance
Location: Abuja, FCT
Reporting to: Head of Department Finance
Proposed start date: April 2022
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Deputy Head of Department Finance who will work closely with the Head of Finance in contributing to grant financial management, budget planning, and analysis to ensure compliance with donor financial regulations.
- The Deputy Head of Department Finance will also be required to support internal and external audits including contributing to the mission treasury management
- Support in monthly accountancy and its compliance to ACF-France financial standards in a timely manner for validation by head of finance department;
- Support in shared cost allocation and review and update the allocation key;
- Follow up on program forecast with base finance managers and provide support to budget holders in developing their forecast and monitoring their lines as needed;
- Assist the head of finance department in receiving & incorporating budget forecast in budget follow up;
- Ensure that the Mission Funding Plan (MFP) and financial allocation plan are updated on a monthly basis;
- Ensure budget follow up forecast is from the most recent financial plan after reviewing for budget optimization;
- Ensure support and implementation costs are in line with the donor’s standards;
- Support in updating the treasury forecast template for new grants or after amendments, cross-check the treasury forecast for all bases on a bi-monthly basis and ensure its reliability as well as consolidating and analyzing the mission monthly cash forecasts for the head of finance department to review;
- Support head of finance department in identifying risks of fraud and corruption in his/her field of competence and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms;
- Report cases fraud or suspicions of fraud cases following the proper channel;
- Acting as the primary liaison for the field office finance staff for policy or procedure issues;
- Conduct induction and training for new finance staff and refresher training for the current staff on the finance policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related business management field is required;
- A masters degree or relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage;
- 5+ years of experience with a strong financial background in one or more of the following areas: Finance, Financial Management, and Accountancy;
- Proven management, representation, and coordination skills (managing people and processes);
- Excellent writing and analytical skills (ability to analyze budgets and make financial forecasts);
- Rigorous organizational and administrative skills (definition of priorities, delegation, training);
- Familiarity with main AAH donors and donor procedures (BHA, ECHO, FCDO);
- Prior experience in conducting and delivering audit support to mission;
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy, and numeracy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Significant experience in INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies;
- Fluent in English;
- Capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting;
- Prior experience in NGOs/INGOs preferably;
- Working knowledge of SAGA accounting.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
N718,840 NGN per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Follow: Naijapen on Facebook for Amazing articles and Job adverts