Associate Director, ART – Surge at an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity; to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to s
trengthen the health system in Nigeria, then apply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, ART – Surge
Job Code: CSU0039
Overall Job Function
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the senior management team and will provide strategic direction for the implementation of various health interventions including comprehensive HIV care and treatment services and the surge drive in selected states.
- S/he will be responsible for technical/clinical care and management aspects of current and future program activities.
- S/he will oversee a team of managers providing technical support in capacity building, surge intervention, clinical service delivery of HIV care and treatment etc at the central office to supported facilities providing HIV/AIDS care and treatment services that are consistent with the national HIV/AIDS plan in Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct technical assistance, in collaboration with program support and state coordination units to health care facilities supported by the organization. Such assistance might include training of staff, database development, facilitation and improvement of community linkages, enhancing laboratory support, for patient flow analysis, development or improvement of referral systems, improvement of pharmacy care services etc.
- Supervise surge managers and aid successfully implement current programs, ensure consistency with strategic and annual plans, and further develop and integrate these sectors where appropriate.
- Serves as a resource in the evaluation of ongoing programs and in subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Specifically leads development and/or updating of departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide oversight for the incident command system and supported the states to achieve assigned surge targets and sustain same
- Support the State to maximize the benefits of the surge strategy in achieving a responsive and functional health system.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Medicine and Post graduate Degree in relevant field. In addition, the post holder must possess 8 years’ post NYSC experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- A very good understanding of at least three of the CIHP sectoral programs and a working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders);
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to reproductive health and HIV/AIDS;
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to and understanding of CIHP’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as evidenced through previous work experience and results achieved; capable of effective and efficient development, management and tracking of large-scale projects
- Superior partnering skills, exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders
- Excellent leadership skills; can manage larger-scale teams, develop individual skills and abilities, while driving teams to meet or exceed targets & goals.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME. e.g. “Associate Director, ART – Surge – CODE: CSU0039 Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.